The strong pink flowers grow to around 6cm across and have 17-25 petals forming a globular bloom. A strong repeat bloomer with prolific flowers. Rose ‘Fruity Parfuma’ is a beauty from famed German breeders Kordes &Sons, it is part of their fabulous Parfuma range.
The enthralling fragrance of Rose ‘Fruity Parfuma’ is an impressive 5/5 on our fragrance scale and it sweet with grounding, earthy tones. Read the Perfumer’s review below.*
Rose ‘Fruity Parfuma’ is a Floribunda that grows 80-100cm tall and 40-60cm wide. It took out the prestigious ADR award in 2018.
Would any other Rose smell as sweet? Tesselaar has selected this Rose variety especially for its fragrance, you can rest assured it is also vigorous, hardy and disease resistant.
Rose bushes are upright, elegant shrubs that are adorned twice a year with spectacular, showy blooms.
The basics of rose care are simply ...
1. Keep the plants moist at all times, but never allow the roots to sit in water.
2. Feed generously, and frequently, two or three times over the flowering season.
3. Keep pests to a minimum (this is usually not a problem if you start with a strong variety, and keep it well watered and well fed).
4. Prune back once a year.
5. Keep the area around the roots weed free, and ensure 4-6 hours of sun per day. Loamy soils are ideal, though Roses will grow in heavy top soils (if well drained) and sandy soils (if kept watered and fed more frequently). For Roses to thrive, good drainage is critical.
When providing your roses with a supporting show and companion planting try and leave a bit of space around their root zone clear.
* Kordes Perfumer review: A rich top note of sweet, ripe raspberries, next to a distinct rhubarb note. Profoundly the flower presents a rounded earthy patchouli-like rose scent in the bottom note.
Supplied as: Bare rooted