A Floribunda Bush Rose that grows to 1.2m with mid green foliage. In 2011 it was awarded the silver medal as the best Floribunda at the Australian National Rose Trial Garden Awards. Prime, two year old stock.
$1 for each rose sold is donated to Transplant Australia's Journey of Hope campaign, supporting patients waiting for transplants.
The fragrance registers 3/5 on our fragrance scale.
We have carefully chosen our Roses to best suit Australian conditions across a wide climatic range. We have selected only disease resistant Rose varieties and of course those that are visually stunning.
The basics of Rose care are simply ...
1. Keep the plants moist at all times, but never allow the roots to sit in water.
2. Feed generously and frequently, 2-3 times over the flowering season.
3. Keep pests to a minimum (this is usually not a problem if you start with a strong variety and keep it well watered and well fed).
4. Prune back once a year, keep the area around the roots weed free and ensure 4-6 hours of sun per day.
Loamy soils are ideal. Though, Roses will grow in heavy top soils (if well drained) and sandy soils (if kept watered and fed more frequently). For Roses to thrive, good drainage is critical.
Tips for picking Rose blooms ...
1. Avoid picking in the first year
2. Never take more than 1/3 of the flower stem to help keep the bush productive and shapely.
3. Use a sharp blade and always cut to an outward facing bud.
4. If the bush isn't growing vigorously remove the flowers without taking any leaves.
5. Pick early in the morning - moisture and sugar levels are high.
6. Immerse in warm water and re-cut stems under water. Add floral preserve for long lasting blooms.
7. Remove all thorns and foliage that will sit below the level of the vase.
8. For larger, prize winning blooms we recommend that you 'disbud' by removing all the side buds whilst they are still small. This leaves the plant all its energy to concentrate on making the top bud larger. The end result is fewer, but larger, blooms.
Rosa x hybrida
Spring to Autumn
Cool to Sub-Tropical