A wow of a Floribunda Rose with a strong fragrance. The flowers are full, double cups with a yellow, pink and red blended through the petals. The colouring will vary according to climate.
Rose 'Garden Delight' is prime, two year old stock. The flowers rate 1/5 on our fragrance scale with a gentle perfume.
Tesselaar has selected this Rose variety especially because it is vigorous, hardy and disease resistant. Rose bushes are upright, elegant shrubs which are adorned twice a year with spectacular showy blooms. These flowers are also perfect for picking.
The basics of Rose care are simply ...
1. Keep the plants moist at all times, but never allow the roots to sit in water.
2. Feed generously and frequently, 2-3 times over the flowering season.
3. Keep pests to a minimum (this is usually not a problem if you start with a strong variety and keep it well watered and well fed).
4. Prune back once a year,
5. Keep the area around the roots weed free and ensure 4-6 hours of sun per day.
Loamy soils are ideal, though, Roses will grow in heavy top soils (if well drained) and sandy soils (if kept watered and fed more frequently). For Roses to thrive, good drainage is critical.
Tips for picking Rose blooms ...
1. Avoid picking in the first year
2. Never take more than 1/3 of the flower stem to help keep the bush productive and shapely.
3. Use a sharp blade and always cut to an outward facing bud.
4. If the Rose bush isn't growing vigorously remove the flowers without taking any leaves.
5. Pick Roses early in the morning - moisture and sugar levels are high so they tend to last longer.
6. Immerse Rose stems in warm water and re-cut stems under water. Add floral preserve for long lasting blooms.
7. Remove all thorns and foliage that will sit below the level of the vase.
8. For larger, prize winning blooms we recommend that you 'disbud' by removing all the side buds whilst they are still small. This leaves the Rose plant able to put all its energy to concentrate on making the top bud larger. The end result is fewer, but larger, blooms.
Supplied as: Bare rooted
Rosa x hybrida
Summer to Autumn
Cool to Sub-Tropical